Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Think Before You Speak...

Me, Myself & I:


I wear more than Converse.
I speak more than English.
In my head space there are corners around which I am squeamish.

I write songs no one hears.
I have novels un-read.
I can't quiet the thoughts I feel, drowning in dread.

I live in the space twixt the dark and the light.
I long to connect, but I fear that I might.
I try to let go, but I'm holding on tight...

Keep it safe.

I sing more than lyrics.
I can memorize quickly.
There's not just my way; people do each thing differently.

I can draw with charcoal.
I can paint with my hands.
Every day I must move, my whole body must dance.

Sometimes a person discovers new things 'bout themselves.
They want to sink that chapter back into the shelves.
The difference is owning our wounds and our wells.

Trust your heart.

I can act with my love.
I can cry from my soul.
I can access that part of me, which keeps me whole.

My joints bend too much.
I re-live old slights.
You've probably forgotten; I re-play under lights.

In my mind I empower and torture my being.
All the things I don't say; intuition is seeing.
If I choke on emotion, you won't see me breathing.

I'm here.







No comments:

Post a Comment