Sunday, March 24, 2013

Updates and Such...

On February 14th, 2013, J and I wed.

We changed all the "man and wife," bits to "partners for life."

We had a reading about how love is akin to owning a dog.

The tiny ceremony was family only and we forego-ed the traditional church part by making a circle of loving people in the living room of our house.

Four dear friends/relatives decorated our house in valentine's-y style.

My dad's best friend sang "In My Life," by The Beatles accompanied by his acoustic guitar.

My parents both walked me down the aisle and later gave touching and funny speeches at our reception.

An e.e. cummings poem, "I Carry Your Heart," was shared.

Everyone in the room pronounced us married in unison.

Then we ate pie with prosecco and sparkling cider.

We then had a vegan luncheon at my favorite restaurant.

For J, we had BBQ for dinner at his stepmom's house, followed by dancing.

I serenaded J with Little Milton's "We're Gonna' Make It," and we ate vegan wedding cake.

My best friend did her Maid of Honor speech which included her passing "the honor of being best friend," to my new husband,  fairy houses we built when we were 11, and a video of friends from all over the globe sending well wishes and waving --- I balled the whole time.

IT. WAS. AN. AWESOME. WEDDING!

--------------------------------------

Another big thing has happened since all this.

It is both a surprise, but also something that we already knew was a possibility.

I am not quite ready to share it.

Life is so simple, yet so complicated.

Therefore, I leave you with the lyrics of Little Milton, because this song spoke to me so much, that I sang it to J at our wedding:

We may not have a cent to pay the rent,
But we're gonna make it, I know we will.
We may have to eat beans every day,
But we're gonna make it, I know we will.

And if a job is hard to find,
And we have to stand in the welfare line,
I've got your love and you know you got mine,
So we're gonna make it, I know we will.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/little-milton-were-gonna-make-it-lyrics.html ]
We may not have a home to call our own,
But we're gonna make it, I know we will.
We may have to fight hardships alone,
But we're gonna make it, I know we will.

'Cause togetherness brings peace of mind,
Oh, we can't stay down all of the time,
I've got your love and you know you got mine,
So we're gonna make it, I know we will.

Our car may be old, our two rooms cold,
But we're gonna make it, I know we will.
We may not can spare a roach a crumb,
But we're gonna make it, I know we will.

And if I have to carry 'round a sign,
Sayin' "Help the deaf, the dumb, and the blind,"
I've got your love and you know you got mine,
So we're gonna make it, I know we will.

We're gonna' make it,
We're gonna make it, baby
It might seem hard sometimes,
But don't worry, Darlin' Baby,
We're gonna keep on tryin'...

-----------------------

Hugs and LOVE TO YOU ALL!





No comments:

Post a Comment